Website Design for E-Learning Center
Nowadays, everything is moving forward much faster than before. As a matter of fact, all businesses of any type, should be presented online, so if you own a business, a company or even a small retail, you need to make it online as soon as possible. To do so, you will obviously need a website first. In this series of articles, we will explain the details of websites required for some specific businesses. We, through this article, will explain the features and information you may need to build a website for an E-Learning center.
People’s intention to fulfill their needs online has been growing over the last 20 years. Internet growth and coverage expansion along with significant increase in smartphone’s usage by people all around the world has paved the way for all service providers of any type to take their business online and take advantage of such an expanding market.
Education and training service providing is one, out of many service type businesses that still has a huge potential to grow more, though it has already experienced a huge growth over the last 20 years.
Educational services had traditionally been taken care of by universities and colleges. However, nowadays there are many E-Learning centers all around the globe that provide a wide range of educational services for students, regardless of their geographical location.
Feature of E-Learning Centers:
Due to the popularity of E-Learning centers, we will discuss the features required for it here in this article.
- Animated Slider: An animated slider with relevant photos through which your services can be introduced.
- A page with your contact details and LOCATION. The location should be embedded in Google Maps for mobile users who want to navigate directly from your website into maps.
- A brief description of your E-Learning center services.
- One separate page for every single course and educational service that you provide through your E-Learning center. Your courses and other educational services should be introduced in detail.
- Team introduction is a must for E-Learning centers. Professors, tutors and teachers should be introduced here with a link through to their profiles. This section will make users trust more.
- Dedicated page to present all certificates, awards and legal allowances.
- Online registration service must be in place for users who are willing to register for a particular course. Such features must be accompanied by a secure payment gateway for users to conveniently pay for their selected courses.
- Student’s portal feature must be added in, so students will have access to all learning materials, exams, marks and other requirements.
- Blogs: Blogs perform like a heart for your website SEO. Therefore, we would highly recommend having a blog, even for a small E-Learning center.
- Think Out of the BOX: You can always come up with new ideas for your E-Learning center and we are always here to convert your ideas to reality. You just let us know what changes you need to make to your website and we will get back to you with a solution that suits you.
What kind of design should be used for your E-Learning center website?
The design must be clean and neat. The contents must be quite organized and be in line with the educational environment. The available courses and the subjects of each course must be presented in the most transparent way and easy to understand by users. A messy and complicated design would damage your reputation and doesn’t feel like a professional educational center. Last element we would like to recommend is to have a dynamic design rather than a static design, as the static design doesn’t look like a reputable E-Learning center. Find out more about UI/UX.
Which CMS should be used to build a website for an E-Learning center website?
WordPress is quite a good CMS for small to medium size E-Learning centers. There is no need to spend time and money for a dedicated CMS, as WordPress works good enough for such an educational center. However, if a website is developed for a large E-Learning center or university, a dedicated CMC will most likely be needed.
How long does it take to build an E-Learning center website?
Depending on the size of the project it takes 2 to 6 months for an E-Learning center to become up and running. We suggest you read the “How long does it take to create a website in Australia” article for more information.
How much does it cost to build a website for an E-Learning center?
Just like the time, the cost of the project depends on the scale of the project and the features you want on your website. However, as a guesstimate, the cost will stand somewhere between AUD 10’000 up to AUD 25,000.
We suggest you read the “How Much Does a Website Cost in Australia” article to understand the website prices.
Does Websima DMCC provide E-Learning center services?
Yes, we do! Websima is ready to help, if you are willing to build a website for your E-Learning center. You can contact us through our contact details for a free consultation.
Please share your experience with leaving a comment if you’ve created or had an E-Learning center website.