Website Design for a Restaurant in Australia
Nowadays, everything is moving forward much faster than before. As a matter of fact, all businesses of any type, should be presented online, so if you own a business, a company or even a small retail business, you need to make it online as soon as possible. To do so, you will obviously need a website first. In this series of articles, we will explain the details of websites required for some specific businesses.
In this article, we will explain the features and information you may need to build a website for a restaurant or a café.
What Features are required for a restaurant/cafe website?
First of all, we will clarify the features you may need in your website for a restaurant. Depending on your concept, location, design and budget, you may choose to have some or all of the features below:
- Animated Slider: An animated slider with a selection of your famous foods or services can be really effective and mouth-watering.
- A page with your contact details and LOCATION. The location should be embedded in Google Maps for mobile users who want to navigate directly from your website into maps.
- A brief description of your brand, and your concept.
- Online menu: This menu is just for users who want to surf into your menu and check your items. This can be different from the “Delivery Menu”.
- Online reservation system: This system would help the users to reserve a table on a specific date and time. This service can be designed to either get guests information only or accompany with a floor plan, so seats and tables can be chosen and booked.
- Delivery System: This feature includes “delivery menu”, “check out platform” and “online payment”. “Delivery menu” is the one that you can select the items from. The “Check out platform” is where the users enter their information such as location, phone number and email. “Online payment” is the last step, where users finalise their orders by making the payment.
- Events’ page: Sometimes you have an event in your restaurant or café. This can be for new-year eve, ANZAC day, or some other occasional events. You can build a page specifically for your events to be announced there. A separate reservation system can be designed for the event page as well.
- Blogs: Blogs perform like a heart for your website SEO. Therefore, we would highly recommend having a blog, even for a small restaurant website.
- Think Out of the BOX: You can always come up with new ideas for your restaurant and we are always here to convert your ideas to reality. You just let us know what changes you need to make on your website and we will get back to you with a solution that suits you.
What kind of design should you use for your restaurant website?
The design of your website represents your brand identity. That’s why it should be designed professionally and attractive. Usually, we suggest designing the restaurant website in compliance with the design of the actual restaurant. The colours, fonts, themes and icons should be all in line with the brand and the design.
You should pay high attention to your website design to be innovative. It is not recommended to copy another website to create yours as it doesn’t look professional at all. Alternatively, you may hire a professional designer or work with well-known web design companies to get the best result out of your website.
Which CMS should be used to build a website for a restaurant?
There is no magic response to this question. There are a lot of arguments among web designers about the best CMS to be utilised. We suggest you read “Web design with WordPress or a dedicated CMS?” article to get more familiar with this topic.
In Websima, websites are created by using WordPress. Even though we don’t believe that WordPress is the best CMS to create all kinds of websites, we assure you that it is the best CMS to be utilised for small retailers such as restaurants. To find out the reasons behind that, just read the same article we mentioned above.
How long does it take to build a restaurant website?
This question can only be answered when we have a clear understanding of what features you need to be added into your website. Depending on the features, it takes around 2 weeks for a “Single-Page Website” up to 2 months for a full version of a website for a restaurant. We suggest you read the “Web Design Pricing” to find out more.
How much does it cost to build a website for a restaurant?
And finally, the price. This is also depending on the features you want. It can cost you as little as AUD 1’000 for a “Single page website” up to AUD 10’000 for a complicated website. We suggest you read “How much does a website cost in Australia” to find out more. You may also contact us anytime to get a quotation for your website.
Does Websima provide web design services for restaurants?
Yes we do! Websima can build a website for your restaurant from scratch and get back to you with an up and running website. It can be either a simple website with just a menu for small restaurants or a full-featured website with online order, payments, delivery and all other required features. We have a wide range of designers to make you satisfied with our services. You just need to contact us and let us know about your brand/restaurant and the features you require. The rest will be done by Websima. We always build SEO Standard website and you can also start the your website’s SEO right away. You can check “SEO Services” and “SEO Charges” to find out more.
Please share your opinion with us; what additional features do you think a restaurant should have?